The IDG grips and releases on command and is highly recommended for manipulating breakable parts as well as heavy parts. Unlike standard clamps, the IDG distributes force evenly over the entire contact area which is why they are most often used for irregular shaped parts.
The IDG is a cost effective solution when compared to bladder grippers and automated or magnetic clamps.
- Ø1/8" Neoprene rubber cord stock inserts ensure a secure grip. It can be replaced quickly and at low cost. Other elastomers can be used and are commercially available.
- Single acting spring return internal diameter gripper.
- 2 ID ranges with the same body; secures 26-32mm.
- Extremely strong for its size -- jaws exert 40 N force at 6 bar (87 psi).
- Nose adapter can easily be customized for locating or part stabilization.
- Maximum air pressure 87 psi (6 bar).
- Requires filtered dry air.
|Chart / Diagram|